So. 7 and a half months pregs. Golly.
I can safely say that I love being pregnant. Like, love it. Which sort of surprises me. In fact most things about being pregnant have surprised me, mostly (but not entirely) for the better. I'm much more relaxed about everything than I thought I'd be. It's not without its ache's and pains and complications but growing a baby is pretty, well, brilliant.
- I am no longer aware of the outer limits of my body. Hence the accidental throwing of hairbrushes, the bumping into door frames, tripping over pavement slabs, dropping of plates, food, glasses...
- When the wind is whipping my hair around my face, and the rain is soaking my shoes, I love thinking about the bubs, cocooned inside the warmth of my body.
- I'm having to sleep propped up like an old lady.
- It still feels like magic. I'm making a cup of tea, but at the same time there's a baby in my belly! Applying deodorant, yes, but I'm also growing a human being! Nope, I'm not just walking, I'm also growing another persons ORGANS.
- Current favourite pregnancy hobby: saying 'Badoing' whilst popping my belly out of my t shirt. Only at home. Ahem...
- The baby is about 42cm long. Which is, quite frankly, unfathomable.
- I miss running but my achey body seems to love walking, so we've been doing lots of it. Back and forth to our antenatal classes and doctors appointments, to work and back again, around our local park. Time to chew the fat to the rhythm of our feet.
- I love what this pregnancy has done to our mariage. I cant quite put it in to words, and though it's been tough at times, we've never felt closer, or more like us.
- If you've ever wondered what pregnancy feels like, its like this......
...in your belly. All. The. Time.